** You can adjust Play Speed to faster or slower playback in Settings!! **
Creating a 3D Model from an Image of a Plan without Dimensions. Watch the video for detailed instructions. Here are the steps in brief:
- Make sure your Sketchup is in Top View.
- Import your Plan’s image.
- Explode the Image and the Group it.
- Open the Group and start moving the edges to fit your Plan exactly.
- Check for a known dimension (room doorways are always the easiest since they’re typically around 1m width).
- Scale your image up or down till you know the scale is right by checking your known dimension.
- Using the Tape Measure tool, start adding your guides to make tracing a lot easier.
- Using the Rectangle or Line tool, start drawing your plan.
- Move the Image away from your plan to compare and see if there are any extra lines.
- Finish up you model by creating a Floor, Ceiling, and Extruding your Walls.
This may take a bit of time to master is you’re still new to Sketchup, but practice makes perfect!
- Sketchup 2018.
- VRay Next (4.00.02).
- Photoshop Cs6 Extended.
Resources you may need
- Adding Lighting to a Model: https://ravenors.com/2019/07/14/vray-lighting-guide-tips-tricks-how-to/
- Creating Materials: https://ravenors.com/2019/07/21/how-to-create-vray-materials-sketchup/
- Creating Material Texture Maps: https://ravenors.com/2019/07/28/how-to-create-vray-texture-maps-bump-diffuse-displacement-normal/
- Creating VRay Fur: https://ravenors.com/2019/09/22/how-to-use-vray-fur/
- Replacing Missing Texture Maps (Full written Tutorial coming soon).
- Post Production Tips: https://ravenors.com/2019/08/25/photoshop-post-production-tips-vray-sketchup/
- Realistic Rendering Tips: https://ravenors.com/2019/08/04/realistic-interior-rendering-tips-vray-sketchup/
Join the Family
Music: Sweet – benSound.com
Video Production: Camtasia 2018.