** You can adjust Play Speed to faster or slower playback in Settings!! **
Follow Me tool is a very versatile and easy to use tool in the Sketchup Tool Palette; one of its most famous uses is to create different types of Moldings and Cornices.
In this video, I’ll show you how to create a Crown Molding, a Baseboard, and a Ceiling Cove. Here’s an overview of how to do so:
- Start by creating a Closed Shape at a corner in your model or room; it can be as simple or as complicated as you want.
- Add your shape to a Group.
- Draw a Path to extrude your shape along (Make sure you don’t end up blocking any openings).
- With the path selected, click the Follow Me tool and then click the surface of your shape.
The difference a Molding or Baseboard makes to a room is worth taking a few minutes to add them in.
- Sketchup 2018.
- VRay Next (4.00.02).
- Photoshop Cs6 Extended.
Resources you may need
- Creating a 3D Model from a Plan’s Image: https://ravenors.com/2019/11/03/create-3d-model-from-image/
- Adding Lighting to a Model: https://ravenors.com/2019/07/14/vray-lighting-guide-tips-tricks-how-to/
- Creating Materials: https://ravenors.com/2019/07/21/how-to-create-vray-materials-sketchup/
- Creating Material Texture Maps: https://ravenors.com/2019/07/28/how-to-create-vray-texture-maps-bump-diffuse-displacement-normal/
- Creating VRay Fur: https://ravenors.com/2019/09/22/how-to-use-vray-fur/
- Replacing Missing Texture Maps (Full written Tutorial coming soon).
- Post Production Tips: https://ravenors.com/2019/08/25/photoshop-post-production-tips-vray-sketchup/
- Realistic Rendering Tips: https://ravenors.com/2019/08/04/realistic-interior-rendering-tips-vray-sketchup/
Join the Family
Music: Sweet – benSound.com
Video Production: Camtasia 2018.